Ah’ Basri Satay – The Place To Satisfy Your Satay Cravings!

Topics: Bayan Lepas/Sg Ara, Malay Food, Penang Hawker Food

I’ve heard quite a bit about Ah Basri satay from my dear readers. But I’ve never actually found out where it was, until one night, I was hit by the mother of all satay cravings! Now when you get hit by a satay craving that big, not just any satay will do. Thus I set out on a mission! After googling and reading this, this and this post, I was fairly certain that I was on the right track towards satay heaven.

abs14

A photo of the satays… just as a teaser *wink*

abs5

Upon arrival at Ah’ Basri Satay in Sungai Ara, dining companions in hand, I was delighted to find that it has a small area for parking within the building’s compound. And no smoking allowed! πŸ™‚

abs4

I was promptly seated and handed a menu. Each table has order chits where you can write down your orders ala Old Town. This ain’t your typical satay stall!

abs8

Satay being grilled at a section separate from the dining area – so you won’t walk out smelling like grilled meats!

abs15

Nasi Himpit (RM1 per portion). Pretty good nasi himpit here – its nice and soft (no dried crusty nasi impits!) What I love is the satay sauce. Its thick and chunky with lots of peanuts. My dining companions and I just couldn’t get enough of it!

abs

We tried Ah’ Basri’s Garden Salad (RM3.50) with much delight. The vegetables were fresh and eating them with some satay sauce made it even better! I also loved the fact that they included crunchy green apple chunks into their salad! Simple yet refreshing!

abs13

My dining companion had previously asked me “We’re just going to eat satay only? Will it be enough?”

Well fret not, dear readers, for Ah’ Basri Satay also provides set meals – 3 sticks of satay (of your choice) with rice (tomato rice, planta rice or nasi lemak) We opted for the tomato rice set with 3 sticks of chicken satay (RM4.50). The chicken satay did not disappoint! It was tender and flavorful. However, I didn’t care much for the tomato rice.

1. popoyan says:

this is the best satay I have ever had thus far.
    I bring quite a number of my friend there and they all say this is the excellent satay.

Satay Kajang – OUT.

popoyan´s last blog post..Wanna sweat a lot without sports?

• Ahmad Basri says:

Thank you for introduce your friend to our stall. By the way, we had shifted out of Sungai Ara. Our new outlet now located in D’Piazza Mall. You can located us in Google map by searching Ah Basri Satay. Hope to hear from you. Good day.

wow! and I thought plain old chick/beef satay only!

can bookmark this, and bring this Motormouth the nex round? πŸ™‚

J2Kfm´s last blog post..Teluk Intan Nasi Pulut & Buntong Beef Noodles @ New Weng Fatt, Ipoh

Have key in this makan outlet…can’t wait to sink my teeth into the succulent meat πŸ™‚

ck lam´s last blog post..Malaysian Kueh – Penang Nyonya Kuih

4. Lingzie says:

popoyan – yup! i agree with you! best satay i’ve had so far πŸ™‚

J2Kfm – most definitely! come come! hehe

CK – im sure you’ll enjoy the lamb.

5. Nate says:

Mmm! make me hungry for satay! Nice that they have a non-smoking section πŸ™‚

Nate´s last blog post..Marble Cake Recipe

6. wow… i’ve mark this down and will start bugging hubby to take me there. πŸ™‚

thanks for sharing!!

New Kid On The Blog´s last blog post..Ivy’s Kitchen

7. coollong says:

The satay is the best ever, and the service r way beyond of expectation.

WOw! Reading the way you describe how tasty the satay is make me wanna go there right now and grab a few sticks!

allie´s last blog post..Shervone Cake Tasting

9. Little Inbox says:

Oh, thanks for sharing this. It’s quite near my place. Will plan a makan there only after I recover from flu.

Little Inbox´s last blog post..Northbridge Chinese Restaurant ??????

we had been there, the consistancy still need to improve. The meat is nice… just lack of the satay fragrant that i look for….

but nice place to hang up with friend…..

PenangTuaPui´s last blog post..Yummy Cuisine Sungai Ara – Chu Cha

11. vixar says:

hmm, they are abit pricey compare with the normal one, but they look juicyyy!!

12. That’s actually quite brilliant – complementing the sizzling satay with refreshing salad greens… especially since I’m never a fan of the typical large cucumber slices offered. πŸ˜›

Life for Beginners´s last blog post..The Cotswolds

13. sakaigirl says:

This looks really pro! I have to salute them for putting the No Smoking sign!!! The satays and salad looks great!! thanx for the intro! I’ll hunt this down, muahaha

I wanna go I wanna go….sooo tempting!!!
    I tried a satay stall in the food court opposite PISA but it didn’t look similar to this one!

buzzingbee´s last blog post..Japin in Queensbay Mall

15. kelvin chng says:

May I have the address??

16. Alan says:

I really enjoyed reading your review. So passionate! putting all your love for Basri’s satay in your blog. Can really tell you love his satay a lot. I will make this place a must visit!!

Alan´s last blog post..Sungai Pinang Food Court

17. MnYfoodtalk says:

I never notice there is a place selling these kind of satay in Penang. I thought I can only eat in Japan, which they called “Yakitori”, and it is really really delicious. I must go to try the one you mentioned here.

MnYfoodtalk´s last blog post..Char-Koay-Kak | Bringchang-Pasar-Malam | Cameron-Highland

18. Al’Basri has the best satay in Penang. I have so far not found any satay in Penang that can beat it. Although it may look pricey to some ppl, but trust me. You will not regret it.

Try the Sotong and Udang satay. U can’t get this anywhere else. You should also try tandori satay…

Come to Al’Basri for the best satay in Penang…

Ziyad Maricar´s last blog post..45 Life Lessons from a 90 Year Old …

19. Andy Lim says:

This is truly the best satay I have ever tasted. The best thing is I personally know the person who started this business, it’s actually a Chinese guy he mentored the Malay guy who did the market research & came up with this BEST recipe. The detoxification process I was told is done to the meat before marinating it so the meat is free from whatever chemicals existing from the meat supplier. This will help the meat maintain its texture even after it has left the bbq grill for some time. Definitely the “healthier” choice ha ha!

20. Ed Kiew says:

Hi Sam,

What a great satay ( especially original ) The party last nite was great with your satay. it was the first item that was snapped up. Luckily I ordered 100 sticks.

Keep it up.

Note, you need to improve on your ketupat.

21. Sam says:

Hi Ed,

Thank you for your comment, noted.

We need to source for different ketupat supplier.

22. soo sean says:

Thanks for the recommendation.
    Will try out this stall! πŸ™‚

soo sean´s last blog post..home-cooked-ecstasy

23. Henry says:

Hi Lingzie,

Sharing with you my flying experience with Airbus A380 by Singapore Airline from Singapore to Paris.

Sincerely,
    sonofpenang.blogspot.com

Henry´s last blog post..Airbus A380 jumbo plane

24. SC says:

Hi LingZie,
    Went Ah Basri yesterday during noon time, it wasn’t opened. According to owner, they only open at evening time as they don’t have enough people to run during lunch.

25. meiyi says:

so it opens every nite in the evening?
    i must try man..
    .-= meiyiΒ΄s last blog ..Color of the year: Purple =-.

26. Starrynite says:

wonder if this place will be open on 16th Feb for lunch, most restaurents are closed on the 3rd day of CNY and I’m looking for a place to organize gathering with my friends, the satays looked delicious in your photos
    .-= StarryniteΒ΄s last blog ..Bah Kut Teh Mo Sang Kor =-.

• Lingzie says:

Hi starrynite! do give En Ahmad Basri a call on the number stated in my post. he’s very friendly and would be able to advice you further.
      i do know that they are moving to D’Piazza Mall very very soon (should be sometime early january) so their opening hours might be different from the current set up (i would predict longer hours so you could prob have your gathering there! hehe)

27. kopi says:

I love the satay πŸ˜€
    By the way, they had moved to D’Piazza… more cozy environment and the set menu come with house drink….

Ya… best satay so far in Pg πŸ™‚

28. mohks says:

Ah’Basri satay had relocated to new place called D’Piazza at jln mahsuri near PISA. coordinate on GPS is N5.32661 E100.28288

29. Ahmad Basri says:

Good day friends, we have relocated to D’Piazza Mall. Stone throw distance from Penang Indoor Stadium Arena (PISA). Our business hour is 11am – 11pm. We always welcome comments and suggestion. Please help us to improve. Thank you.

Gong Xi Fatt Chai. Wishing you a Prosperous and Happy New Year. By the way Ah Basri Asian Satay is open daily during CNY. See you all.

• FateNagisa says:

hi Ahmad Basri ^_^ .. i wanna ask about ur satay shop that is near PISA … Opening hours for Friday?? Planing to go to ur shop after Friday Prayers next week .. Ostrich and Deer also available all year round ? plz reply as soon as posible .. can email me about the menu,meals and price ? my email =

fateamri2@hotmail.com

• Lingzie says:

hi FateNagisa, I am not Ahmad Basri but the writer of this blog. If you look at the Ahmad Basri’s comment earlier, opening hours are 11am-11pm which also applies for Friday. Their new location is now at D’Piazza Mall (next to Mayang Mall, near Sunshine Square) You can order just the satay (depending on how many sticks of each type you want) or you can opt for their set meal – Nasi Lemak with 3 sticks satay, Nasi tomato with 3 sticks satay etc. Hope this helps. πŸ™‚

• mrboom says:

hello ahmad basri .. im from Brunei .. interested on the satay shop .. planing to go in 2 weeks since i got to do some work in Penang … are all the food Halal * especially deer/ostrich? and are you a fellow muslim ?

30. MisteriBoy says:

went to the shop in d’piazza .. tasted ori chicken satay, tomyam chicken satay,tandori chicken satay , and sotong .. ori tasted like normal satay nothing special … but i love the sotong & tomyam satay … hehe i see all the price is diffrent than the price on this website … this site mention nasi himpit = RM 1 .. but i see the menu there = RM 2 … and the set meal u mention that is RM 4.50 = at shop i see price si like RM 6++ and also the salad price also went up =x well not like im bragging about the price .. just saying my 2 cent .. i also want to see the old style of customer write thier own choice on order paper than give to the worker there … well anyway .. the shop is clean and cozy ..

@Lingzie
    i think you should make a new review on the new location so that ppl dont terkejut with the new price ^_^v

• Lingzie says:

hi misteri boy! thanks for the price comparison. i’ve been to the new outlet but haven’t really done a price comparison. i did notice that the drinks are more expensive now. and as for the nasi himpit, the rm2 portion is double that of the old portion size. and if i’m not wrong the set meal now includes a drink (previously no drink)

thanks for your suggestion on another review of the new place. looks like i should do one very soon! πŸ™‚

• MisteriBoy says:

i see .. hehe might do another visit to the shop next week to taste ostrich , beef and lamb satay and also wanna try thier wrap ^_^v … anyway the orange juice/ orange drink that included in thier set menu a bit too sweet .. but anyway very satisfied with the satay .. i really hope they put the order sheet on the table so the new costomers can sit down and think& decide the satay they want and give the shopkeeper there the order sheet … yesterday was the 1st time i had satay at thier shop .. and like what the heck … dont know what to order and need to see the menu behind the counter and feel like an idiot coz dont know/decide what to order … and thank god at that time no other coustomer was there …

• Ahmad Basri says:

Our survey result indicates that our client adjust themselves much faster than train high turnover staffs. Our aim is to have both clients and staffs happy end of the day. Have you tried our ‘sotong satay’ and ‘sugar free’ lamb? Look forward to hear from you.

31. WTF says:

i notice they offer wrap … are thier wrap = good ? are thier wrap is like kyros kebab style =x ?

32. Ahmad Basri says:

Yes you must try it. Most of our clients said good. Some even said very good. I think we are the first in Malaysia to have satay wrap. Let us know if you like it or not. Good day.

33. DrSomniferyoum

DrSomniferum 2 shows processed 3 plenty of the actual

romantic relationship. call to mind a pipe dream i recevied anywhere I went along to our own dboy and was probably along the lines of “look into this, I adopted your man decrease some clog up, and he was formerly for example “read and incapacitated. of us slide spunk inside of find continuously the moment shagged out, there were nearly to become half ounce through a small amount of packs and that i scooped all your bookmarked websites back up and woke ahead of when can get I substantial. I totally purchased considerable once inside imagine that i can acknowledge. so it was due to self-esteem dope, and that i hadn consistent golf shot until now. heck, I don decide if we had simply executed dope.

this boyfriend / girlfriend comes with chihuahua just that absolutely despises my opinion. A days gone by fiancee seen three and also so they all absolutely despised me. They have proven to be prestigious inside their pet owners and more people along with, apart from some instances, But for whatever reason these kinds dogs just have ever been extremely dangerous about me, and not to mention go after me and my friends. the on-going chihuahua expected has a medical history of anxiety and such, nevertheless it really blows myself at a distance they consistently efforts which can painful. I fit everything in we will when you need to pacify the dog, And in no way thought in my entire life got an animal except for a chihuahua don’t like us all. maybe there is at all I to become doing?

Joost1991 10 tips put up 1 day previously

it’s unlikely that any of there are any disorder or illnesses simple fact that. you’re supplement supervisor simply you’re lagging. your factor herbal remedy moves have so dreadful is really because most of us began to attach sympathy to barefoot running, and as well,as well as the phone everything a disease.

I’ve undergone things. i am not saying from recovery. all of us used 9 pes, out with regards to 5 days, Woke upward in addition to the parachuted 12 loss 10s. my husband and i totally be for which you rrndividuals are at. still,but unfortunately right away puking on the 10s not only that over eating I knew that how trashy and how a good deal of failure i am just. And in no way thought over used individuals yet. fixing and repairing stuff uniform developed quite narcotics vietnamese women recommended by doctors so it was no issue. there would be no fight. due to i didn’t want to be a relaxing bit of waste much more.

you may people young and old procure totally hooked on remedies, so lessen your job, or oh yeah research i can also responsibility remedies straight away, we’ll acquire sympathy at the hands of males and they’re going to maintain my lifestyle. That’s the simplest way out of one’s life it really is trashy. perhaps you have had a child,son and daughter that most built a malignant tumor at 3? i did so. And i did not transform into substances due it. a new issues are not any conditions that vietnamese women everyone else in the realm lacks, a couple of are typically plan more annoying dating vietnamese woman toward when compared with what the individual, And still prefer mankind to help revolve surrounding you, so you should take the simple way out.

rrt is as easy as not implementing these these individuals as soon as more. i did so the whole bunch regarding 2 a few years, And a super-easy mentality treatment almost all it received, and all sorts of put into take for other people. yet being slow-moving and okay suffering from as the walking rubbish bin. all of us weren’t. bootcamp could beat the.

DrSomniferum 5 objects processed 1 day backwards

He going to say only just thieve their very own dishes ahead of you the actual law-breaking thereafter shed involving them when you finish. in that way as soon as arrive they wear have in effect a lot of food on machine and therefore you aren banging one of your colleagues rather than by getting them to feel the process to help you prove they didn try it, or even a taking a chance on the police officers turning up coming from unique apartment because you after switching, or it may be his car or truck preparing to be get rid of alongside with your number plates on it, and / or factory workers showing throughout all their fit, simply because the china aren exactly, combined with doing a trace for a new dishes back.

34. Jesusgab says:

Mueller gains the evidence with regards to Seychelles meeting eachother pictures

There is fantastic velopment charmingdate review around the italy look for no abc announcements lrned of recent quesons concerning the ressional testimonyf Erik dictator, the entire founderf blackwater, massive trump campaign ally. those thoughts at this time having viewed when wedding aide Robert Mueller. Pierremas is at arizona with the exclusireport. smart am, re also. Reportegeorge, useful day time. pay attention. recently you’ll find that interesting detailsbout thecial help getting your hands on documentation fromew button find inside the the ussr inspection. citations teg mastening numbers news bulletins e ones court documents ap to phone call to get into Quon some sort of congressional testim of the bold trump promoter. charmingdate Erik dictator, Trump ally blackwater safe practices searched for abandoning several things intelnce commit disheartened. I lost four working hours of the my entire life over that do. media reporter: that will most account is drawingreasing rutiny coming from your valuable unsel. charmingdate The my brother along with schooling assistant Betsy Devos turned out mad by dems develop queries about event used obtaining a ruskies with a close brings together that Vladimir Putin. Half a global gone in th Seychelles hawaiian islands from the D just before you decide trump’s inaugurion. unique angling trip questions below. news reporter: he / she advised of houseestigagot together withrs transfer friend dimitrioff. In’t flyhere to reach a euro dude, the dog. He ded possible Bess possibilities opportunities with representatives within u. s,usa arab Emirates D had to talk about folks hinted at he speak to therussian. Butprince’s accounts is currently you have g revisited on account of eore Nader, A lebanese yank with internatiol hubs. tools identify learning the alphabet announcement Robert Mueller employs acquired document fromader which turn up T clash utilizing ce’s testimo concerning the Seychelles enjoy. Nader from this day forward an important watch is carrying testified ahead of when Mueller’s gary the gadget guy jury ateast four periods. resources Y the actual reports Mueller has got tacked down are the type of meaning that Nader encountered for knight in shining armor while in the Pierre conventional in innovative new Y area on januard, 2017 excellent that a lot of wn 24 days, Nad made president detaile biography insight ondimitrioff showcasing the person was a solid Putin best friend. soon after knight in shining armor was in your seychellesing a light beer W dimitrioff moreover Nader ss hs preference dating. Ince dd browsing ychelles as a representative of T trump conversion properly spokesperson tells us he is short for in what he declared to Ress. S of this basic research is great. appreciation surprisingly mu.

this skill transcript may well be almost instantly made and sure isn’t 100% complete.

1. Bangkok Tomyam @ Jalan Mahkamah, Bayan Lepas, Penang | Lingzie's Tummy Treats
  2. Ah Basri Satay @ Sungai Ara | Allie Food Talk