Kocha Taiwanese Delight @ Burmah Road, Penang

Topics: Taiwanese Food

kocha

Kocha Taiwanese Delight is no stranger to the Penang food scene. But it remains a favourite of mine whenever I’m looking for Taiwanese food in Penang.

The friendly owners from Taiwan who run the place have a penchant for gardening and an interest in fishes, hence the many aquariums decorating the restaurant.

kocha4

kocha3A nice and quiet corner of the restaurant for those who prefer some privacy

kocha2

Kocha Taiwanese Delight offers an extensive menu, ranging from light snacks, to set meals, to noodles and even mini steamboats!

kocha5And of course, the ubiquitous Taiwanese import – Bubble Pearl Milk Tea is served here in various flavours. But I still like the original version pictured here.

To kick start our meal for the night, we decided to try some of their appetizers.

kocha6The Cod Fish Roll (RM9.50) was served piping hot. A tasty crunchy snack, albeit a lil oily for my liking.

kocha7

1. Man, I haven’t had Bubble Pearl Milk Tea in, like, forever! I too prefer the original taste over the other versions. 🙂
    .-= Life for Beginners´s last blog ..Fragile II =-.

2. I do love that steamboat, very affordable, I like it!
    .-= Big Boys Oven´s last blog ..DIN TAI FUNG the Story at The Gardens Mid Valley =-.

3. Ooh I’ve heard such wonderful things about Kocha!! And if you find out about the true origin of dumpling let me know! It is the most superb invention ever!
    .-= 550ml jar of faith´s last blog ..Vietnam Kitchen, 1-U =-.

4. superwilson says:

Cod Fish roll looks good! oily also nevermind 😛
    .-= superwilson´s last blog ..The Famous Kek Lok Si Temple @ Penang =-.

I like their fried dumplings and those in the soup, both are equally good.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Bee Won Korean Traditional Restaurant, Hotel Royal Penang =-.

6. KennyT says:

Hi Lingzie, omigod, I so wanna go to Penang!
    .-= KennyT´s last blog ..Keep your fingers, toes and hair crossed for me! =-.

7. I went there once, wasn’t really like their food. 🙁
    Find it a bit common.
    .-= New Kid On The Blog´s last blog ..75° Celsius Restaurant & Bar (Drinks) =-.

8. mimid3vils says:

Pork slices given quite generous also hor… 🙂
    .-= mimid3vils´s last blog ..Niji Sushi =-.

9. food-4tots says:

I luv their Bubble Pearl Tea. Must go back and try out other dishes. ;P
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Minced fish with tofu (?????) =-.

I’d love to try out the steamboat and the BBQ pork slice 🙂

11. I always wanna visit but hard to get a car park there. ^-^
    .-= FoOd PaRaDise´s last blog ..Join the "I Love Malaysia" Campaign and win iPhone 3GS =-.

12. Little Inbox says:

OK, now I know what to order when I pay them a visit.
    .-= Little Inbox´s last blog ..Yam Rice ??? =-.

I used to try their vege noodle set.
    .-= cariso´s last blog ..CB Yummy Cuisine (?????) =-.

14. leslie says:

G’day, I’m Leslie from Penang.cc (Penang Community Centre). I enjoy reading your articles and would like to request permission to feature the article on Kocha Taiwanese Delight ????? in our website (for more info visit http://www.mrain.com/pgcc/content/view/186/49/). In addition, we will like to extent invitation for your participation in our Bloggers’ Appreciation Programme (find out more at http://www.mrain.com/pgcc/content/view/158/69/). Join us to participate in our invited reviews for travel destinations, dinnings, product & services etc., at the same time receive exclusive deals & prizes for your readers. Kindly email me at leslie.loh@penang.cc for more information. TQ

15. CKW says:

There is one new Taiwanes Restaurant at Pulau Tikus called a bite of Taiwan. Although the menu does not have alot of choices, but the food is really nice.Its rally authentic Taiwanese flavour

1. » Penang Chinese Food List Penang Deli