I Mum Mum Pan Mee – Simply Mouth Watering!

Topics: Penang Hawker Food, Pengkalan Weld/Jetty

Regular readers of this blog would know that I have a love affair of sorts with pan mee (no wait, wasn’t it chocolates and desserts?! Well… I guess you can add pan mee to the list :P)

A long time ago (way back in 2007) I naively proclaimed that this stall had the best pan mee in Penang. But no longer! For I Mum Mum Pan Mee came along and has de-throned Hou Mei Yuen (in my opinion at least!)

mm2

Don’t you just love their cute logo with a clever play on the letter “M”? Very nicely done!

mm10

During our visit, we chose to try their more unique pan mee varities instead of the usual soup/dry version. I chose the Mince Pork Pan Mee with Special Sauce (dry version) RM3.50 (small portion)

mm11

I was a little disappointed that there were no fried ikan bilis in this dish. But the excellent taste more than made up for it. The mince meat is done with a slightly sweet sauce which reminds me of the meat topping found in Taiwanese ‘Zar Jiang’ Noodles. I chose the thin noodles which were cooked just right. Firm and not too soggy. A good pick if you love your pan mee but need to cut down a lil on your cholesterol (no ikan bilis). But if you simply MUST have your dose of ikan bilis, you can always order a side portion.

mm7

I Mum Mum Pan Mee also takes on the wildly popular chilli pan mee with this Spicy Pan Mee offering (RM3.20 small portion). Instead of chilli paste, this version comes with lots of chilli flakes.

mm6

You can ask for extra chilli flakes if it’s not spicy enough. For us, we found the portion we were served with, plenty spicy! However, I do still prefer Super Kitchen’s version. Credit must be given though to their fresh crispy ikan bilis! Yummy~~~

I saw my friends ordering that chilli flakes pan mee one coming back to office with swollen lips. 🙂
    .-= cariso´s last blog ..Doraemon Mooncake yucks! =-.

2. KennyT says:

I like having a good meal at this kind of restaurant, very authentic!
    .-= KennyT´s last blog ..McDonald’s Shogun Burger and Shogun Burger with Egg =-.

3. Precious Pea says:

Mum Mum looks Yum Yum!!
    .-= Precious Pea´s last blog ..CROCS ATTACK!! =-.

4. taufulou says:

nearly fainted when see the chili flakes on thop of the pan mee…like eating chili..
    how to eat wor..
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Meatworks Restaurant & Deli @ Solaris, Mt.Kiara =-.

5. I have to agree that this shop does have quite a good variety of pan mee and they are pretty good. Tried it once and liked it.
    .-= My Food Fetish´s last blog ..The Loaf, Pavillon =-.

6. This is so exciting!! Penang will finally have its ultimate pan mee stop. I must have my fix every other day so this is great for when I’m back on the island.
    .-= 550ml jar of faith´s last blog .."Here’s looking at you, Fat Kid", hollers Popeye’s, Mid Valley =-.

7. Criz Lai says:

My favorite place for pan mee too. I love the crispy pork pan mee too.. just like your dad. 😛
    .-= Criz Lai´s last blog ..AFFORDABLE FAMILY DINING AT KIM HOOI SEAFOOD =-.

Sure like to try it out…so many ways of serving it.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Penang Food – Satay Ah’ Basri, Expect Satisfaction from Every Cucuk! =-.

Wah! Like this also can find

I only tried their spicy pan mee and the minced pork pan mee before. It’s time to try out more. Yummy!
    And I’m a pan mee lover too!
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Pearl Palace Restaurant =-.

Hey.. come to Selayang to try the claypot pan mee lah.. since you are such a pan mee fan! 😀
    .-= gina´s last blog ..Glutton Friends =-.

12. the presentation is so slick and clean, wah you so mum mum! lol!
    .-= Big Boys Oven´s last blog ..Raymond and Chia Wee’s Wedding Abu Dhabi – Kuala Lumpur =-.

13. I enjoy their pan mee too!
    .-= FoOd PaRaDise´s last blog ..Invited Review ~ Noodle Station @ Kulim =-.

14. MnYfoodtalk says:

Wau, looks yummy. Yes, ikan bilis is a must for pan mee…or else it will like missing out something..
    .-= MnYfoodtalk´s last blog ..Happy Mooncake Festival from MnYfoodtalk =-.

15. food-4tots says:

KL has many good pan mee stalls. Do check them out when you go to KL one day.
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Triple chocolate brownies – a gift from someone special =-.

16. Nate says:

What do you think is in the “Special Sauce”?
    .-= Nate´s last blog ..Dutch Apple Bread =-.

17. mable says:

THERE’S PENANG FOOD FAIR IN AUSTRALIA HELD EVERY YEAR…I MUM MUM SHOULD BE THERE!!! YUM YUM