Veering slightly off topic here by discussing this holistic diet (still food related!!) I read about recently. Its a book called “Joshi’s Holistic Detox – 21 days to a healthier, slimmer you for life”
Now that sounds like a real good promise aint it? So I read the book over the weekend and in conclusion Dr Nish Joshi’s principles are to return our bodies to its natural alkaline state. He claims our bodies have become unbalanced and acidic due to high consumption of meat, white flour, caffeine, sugars and processed foods. He encourages us to eat foods that are as fresh as possible, thus giving our bodies the best nutrients we can derive from these fresh foods.
So I figured, hey, this sounds quite interesting and since I’ve always been telling myself that I would eat better and healthier, I thought, why not give this a shot?
Therefore, armed with his Top 10 Detox Rules in mind…I set out, very positively, to a healthier, slimmer me…in 21 days!
Dr Joshi’s Top 10 Detox Rules:
1. No red meat
2. No dairy products (goat cheese and live bio yoghurt is allowed though)
3. No sugars and other sweeteners(except honey, preferably organic and raw with no added sugars)
4. No yeast and yeast products
5. No alcohol, fizzy drinks & caffeine (except green tea)
6. No nuts (except seeds and pine nuts)
7. No biscuits, cakes and doughnuts
8. No artificial flavourings and condiments such as ketchup, mayonnaise, vinegars, mustard etc
9. No breads and pastas (except brown rice)
10. No fruit (except bananas)