Annabelle’s Place @ Lembah Permai, Tanjung Bungah

Topics: Cafe, Cakes, Fusion, Western Food

In the heart of the new Casa Permai 2 housing area is a row of shophouses built by Boon Siew Group.

And it is here that a number of eateries have opened its doors, one of them being Annabelle’s Place.

Annabelle’s Place

Annabelle’s Place is very prettily decorated, with quaint white chairs and pretty fairy lights. We went on a Fridy evening, about a month since it opened. Browsing their menu, we noticed that they had rather limited choices for main meals. Mostly pastas and sandwiches and some local fare like fried rice. They had a more extensive drinks and tea list including their English tea sets.

Although it was way past tea time, we still decided to try their basic Enligsh tea set which comes with a pot of tea and 2 scones (RM3.50 if I’m not mistaken)

Annabelle’s Place - pot of tea

I’m not too sure how authentic scones should taste like. I’ve only tried scones which are rather crumbly and hard. So it was a rather pleasant surprise when the scones at Annabelle’s Place tasted rather chewy.

Annabelle’s Place - scones

We also had their Hot Chocolate which was quite pleasant. But my favourite hot chocolate still has to be the one from Starbucks or Old Town Cafe. 😛

Annabelle’s Place - hot chocolate

On to the mains… we had pastas and an Ocean Delight.

Annabelle’s Place - spaghetti

The seafood spaghetti was nice and light. The spaghetti was cooked just right – al dente. A definite plus!

The carbonara was tasty too. Rich and creamy.

Annabelle’s Place - carbonara

Meanwhile, the Ocean Delight was a serving of stuffed crabs baked with cheese.

Annabelle’s Place - stuffed crabs

In general, the portions here may be a bit small for most. But it was just nice for me. Prices are reasonable (possibly because of the not so big portions). Pastas are about RM12 while the Ocean Delight was around RM15 (if my memory serves me well).

Service was a bit slow during our visit. Possible because there was some staff shortage on in the kitchen on that day.

I do look forward to coming back here to try their Windsor Tea Set (for 2) which has sandwiches, cakes and scones! 🙂

Annabelle’s Place is located at 10 Lebuh Lembah Permai 4, 11200 Tanjung Bungah, Penang. Tel: 04-8901098. Opening Hours: Tues- Sat 11.30am-2.30pm, 4.30pm-10.30pm. Sunday – 9am-10.30pm. Closed on Mondays.

To get there, from the main road, turn into Casa Permai 2 housing area (you’ll see a red color signboard that says Home Recipe restaurant). Follow that sign in and turn right towards the row of shophouses. Home Recipe is the chinese restaurant a the corner that looked really really packed. Another must try soon! 🙂

1. Oh how very English! Anyone else for tea? Windsor tea? 😀

2. what2see says:

Wow, lingzie… you are faster than me this time visiting Annabelle’s Place! Looking at the food makes me hungry la. Thanks for sharing.

You really must try out the Chinese restaurant at the corner …if I remember well, it was known as Home Style Restaurant when I visited it in June. The curry fish head is very tasty.

3. The tea set looks n sounds good! I keep hearing about all these hidden treasures in that Lembah Permai area. The next wai sek kai?

Lembah Permai? eh, no idea where that is.
    but the price is certainly reasonable.
    I was expecting premium prices ala fine dining.

wat a nice place to have tea…. hmm…

thinking of my retiring plan liao…

thanks for the sharing..

CK: curry fish head a?… cannot tahan liao la… 3 of us.. curry fish head lover… cannot liao.. sure need to make a trip to sapu Tanjung Bunga Area…. seems like we still haven’t have our flag there…

Casa Permai near…???

kenny mah – i want! i want windsor tea! lol. if you do visit penang i’d be glad to take you for windsor tea 😛

ck lam – oh i love curry fish head (though i take only the curry and not the fish head! lol) must go try home recipe!

550ml jar of faith – hehe you know pg lang lah..like to flock to new places! 🙂

j2kfm – this place reminds me of winter warmers actually 🙂 lembah permai is near TAR college in penang

penangtuapui – come come! we go eat curry fish head together!! 😛

cariso – casa permai is near TAR College 🙂

8. isabelle says:

It’s nice… looks very tempting eh..
    but it’s in Penang, can’t have it now thou…

9. Allie says:

Lingzie, I also luv the hot chocolate from old town and starbucks. 🙂

10. little inbox says:

The Ocean Delight is really eater friendly dish.

Just wanna confirm with you. Sunday – 9am-10.30am, is this a typo error?

cariso – oh yes! typo! it should be 9am-10.30pm. thanks for pointing it out! 🙂

13. meiyi says:

i think the price has somewhat increased. the cheapest pasta should be about Rm14.90, i guess..
    and the Afternoon tea set was RM6.90 per person?

really forgot the price though..

14. Cheryl Wee says:

I chanced upon my friend’s fb on this place, wondering where is this, googled it and it took me here 🙂

Nice sharing and very near my house too! Must try for me… I’m pretty delighted to know that there are more and more hang out / yam cha places mushrooming around Tg Tokong/Tg Bungah area so I don’t hafta to travel far

Cheryl Wee´s last blog post..MOF @ Pavillion

15. kim says:

wow!beautiful,fantastic! the foods especially the Carbonara pasta and the Seafood spicy olio pasta and Windsors tea,are a must for visitors. Decos- very English Villagy style and the place is comfortable and cosy.Will introduce this to ‘uncle Frank’,Joe and Jon.looking forward to come back here.

16. kim says:

I love this web. Please link this with my arty site. http://www.the orientalartist.com.
    kim

17. Dennis says:

hello there, nice blog on gastronomy & penang delicacies you have there! anyway i wanted to ask if for valentines, which would be a better place – strada restaurant or annabelle’s place? both seems like an interesting place?

18. fish says:

Hi is Annabelle Place still operating?

1. Blue Reef Fish & Chips - My Current Favourite Restaurant! | Lingzie's Tummy Treats
  2. English Afternoon Tea @ Annabelle's Place, Lembah Permai Penang | Lingzie's Tummy Treats
  3. » Penang Western Food List Penang Deli