By Invitation: Bravo Italiana @ I-Avenue

Topics: By Invitation, Italian Food

My first encounter with Bravo Italiana a few months back was rather mediocre, mainly because I had only tried one main dish and an appetizer.

bi15

Photo credit to Allie of AllieFoodTalk.com

I vowed to go back again for a second visit. This time, I came away pleasantly surprised!

bi6

Photo credit to Allie of AllieFoodTalk.com

Our first course was a Mixed Bean Soup (RM6) which is a soup of the day. It was certainly a good way to kick off the meal. Large portion, filled with lots of different mixed beans , lentils and even some pasta. A very wholesome soup indeed! Would be really good eaten piping hot on a cold rainy day!

bi13The Bruschetta (RM8.80) however, left me wanting. I was expecting a burst of sour tomatoes and fragrant herbs, drenched in olive oil on a soft baguette.  Instead, I found the bread here rather hard and dry. Also, I felt that it could do with more herbs and olive oil. Perhaps my taste buds are more used to Bella Italia’s version.

bi11The Scallops Glatine (RM28 for half a dozen) is perhaps my favourite dish from the meal! The scallops were fresh (not to mention huge!). Very tasty and rich with lots of cheese, cream and mushrooms! A definite winner!

bi12The Baked Oyster Vesuvio (RM28 for half a dozen) may look similar to the scallops but it has a totally different taste. The oysters are baked with tomatoes and capsicums, topped with cheese. Personally, I prefer the scallops to the oyster which were also good in their own way.

bi10My favourite main dish would probably be the Italiano’s Combination (RM39.80). Its a combination of steak, fish and prawns. I loved the steak and the prawns! The fish, being a freshwater fish, had an ‘earthy’ taste to it which I did not fancy. Otherwise, this would have been near perfect. Quite a big portion so small eaters may want to share and save room for dessert later (trust me, you MUST save room for dessert!!)

Wow great shot with your camera …. your photo shooting skill really keng! No image stabiliser lo ….

email2me´s last blog post..Up Close with Ferrari 2009 F1 Car And The Latest Sport Car 599 GTB FIORANO … a 330Km/h monster on the road – Part 2

After that day, I finally witnessed and believed how chocoholic + dessert queen you are. 🙂

cariso´s last blog post..Kozue Japanese Restaurant

3. Hey, The Strawberry Panna Cotta is really awesome. It’s a total change in your photo shooting skill.

New Kid On The Blog´s last blog post..Canton-i Restaurant ???????

email2me & New kid – the photos are not mine! see the last paragraph? the photos are by Albert of camostudio. he’s a pro photographer 🙂

cariso – hehehe see liao also scared hoh? must really learn to control myself… 😛

5. I love Bruschetta as a great start to a great meal… but yeah, when it’s a letdown, I’m usually in a poor mood (or appetite, really) for the rest of the meal. Ah well.

P.S. Thank so much for your kind offer to take me around Penang when I come up. I hope to do so soon! (I’m off to Sabah tomorrow, followed by Perak and Perlis. Groans.)

Life for Beginners´s last blog post..A Cup of Coffee

6. wow..*starting to plan nx trip to Pg…*
    & I’ll bring some desserts frm KL and we pig out ya!

thenomadGourmand´s last blog post..Dinner – Pantai Timur Cafe, Paya Terubong – PENANG

Lingzie, Gimme 5! Strawberry Panna Cotta is my favourite despite I’m chocoholic too! Haha

allie´s last blog post..Penang Restaurant | Bravo Italiana Part II (Heavenly Desserts)

8. I guess I’m still an entree person first and foremost… the combo dish made me sit up! But why the use of freshwater fish? The local ones generally taste of mud and have too many bones!

550ml jar of faith´s last blog post..A sizzling, sozzled soiree

I think its difficult to control from taking too much of those desserts and drink…all of them are so mouth watering.
    Will sure to try it out 🙂

ck lam´s last blog post..Penang Restaurant – Teluk Kumbar Seafood

10. Christine says:

I’m so into the scallops! 🙂

Christine´s last blog post..Happy Birthday

LFB – well…there’s always dessert to end the meal on a sweet note! lol. safe journey!

thenomadGourmand – yes yes yes! lol

allie – yayy!!! we must tell the owner to put panna cotta in the menu on a daily basis la! heehee

550ml jar of faith – yeah i do notice a lot of places using freshwater fish…wonder if there’s any way to get rid of that earthy taste?

ck – ya loh. luckily all 4 desserts not available at the same time… so in future…can control a bit kua… 😛

christine – oh then im sure you’ll like the scallops here, if you’re a cheese fan too! 🙂

13. very nice review and the desserts make me drool. lol

FoOd PaRaDise´s last blog post..Kafe Bali Bali @ Sungai Dua, Penang

Wah.. how many of you makan worr?? I am so damn jealous! Haha! 😀

15. MisSmall says:

The scallops and oysters looked really good! Great pictures btw. 🙂

MisSmall´s last blog post..I Need Anger Management

16. OMG! did i see baked oyster I want some too!

Big Boys Oven´s last blog post..

wow I didn’t know they offer so many types of desserts!! yummy…

buzzingbee´s last blog post..Dim Sum High-Tea

18. CHUN POH KEONG says:

I have tried the pizzas ,it was the best of the best in the pizzas industries . It was better than Pizza Hut .

1. » Penang Western Food List Penang Deli