Dinner at a Post Office in Singapore

Topics: Cafe, Singapore, Western Food

During an ultra short trip to Singapore last month, I managed to meet Lady Iron Chef for the first time after being an avid fan of his amazingly drool worthy blog. And coincidentally one of my favourite writers was also in Singapore for a short visit. So we went on a lil food crawl of sorts along Orchard Road… letting LIC take the lead.

He promptly brought us to…. a post office….

kpo

But not just any post office, for it was a post office cleverly disguised as a cafe and bar called KPO. (And the actual post office is just right next door. Honest!)

kpo2

This was also LIC’s maiden visit to KPO but we were game to try out a new place. We were told that KPO got its name from its location as it sits right smack on the junctions of Killiney, Penang and Orchard Road and threatens to be dwarfed by the other tall shopping malls and office buildings surrounding it.

kpo3

We took a lil tour of KPO and found that it had lovely high ceilings plus a lush outdoor area surrounded by greenery. And I loved the stenciled patterned walls too!

kpo4

Browsing the menu, we found that KPO serves a range of snacks, pub food, and a selection of burgers and pizzas. But they don’t serve fish though as you can observe this tongue in cheek statement for yourself… 😛

kpo10

The three of us quickly decided what to order and a lil while later, our Beef Burger ($13) came looking all yummy…

kpo5

Portion was a bit small though and would fare better as a snack more than a main meal. But we didn’t mind, for it left us with more stomach space to sample more things from their menu!

kpo6

We all adored the home made chips which were thin and crisp. And the beef patty was nice and juicy. Now if only they added some caramelized onions or pickles….

1. ladyironchef says:

YAY u finally blog about it! hee and you got a new layout for yr blog too! so xmas-feel 😀 when are u coming to Singapore again? I want to go Penang find you for good food!
    .-= ladyironchef´s last blog ..Hairy Crab Season and A Giveaway =-.

• Lingzie says:

come come! buy air asia cheap ticket! we go makan til you drop! but i tell you hor, both of us meeting up can be a really lethal combination…since we are both so head over heels in love with dessert!! lol

I saw this place while going through the road. Hope to visit this place on my future trips as the last was a bit rush for me.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Singapore Food – ieat Crab Fest at Chin Huat Live Seafood =-.

dining in a post office? novel concept, but I bet nothing beats the Clinic, complete with drips, wheelchairs and all.
    finger foods sound good, to not completely fill one’s stomach.

4. NKOTB says:

Hmmm, it’s been a while I didn’t visit Spore already…
    Time to make a trip, uh? Since now so many of this low cost air line.
    .-= NKOTB´s last blog ..Chinoz In The Park =-.

• Lingzie says:

yup i think jet star and air asia has really cheap tickets! my trip to singapore was way too short. hope to visit again soon!

The ribs definitely caught my attention.. now I’m drooling early morning! OMG~~~
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Christmas Lunch Buffet at The Brasserie, Traders =-.

6. xin says:

gosh. the pork rib is killing me man. can i have it now???

7. Oh gosh, this seems so long ago but also as if it were just yesterday that I joined you and LIC for dinner. The pizza was my fave of the night – the Yorkshire pork perfectly marinated/flavoured in my opinion. I definitely wouldn’t mind heading back there again… 🙂

8. Nate says:

Mustard? Seriously, mustard, as in Dijon? Wow what an interesting concept.
    .-= Nate´s last blog ..Gourmet Chestnut and Sausage Stuffing Recipe =-.