BigBoysOven’s Macaron Baking Class Comes to Penang!!

Topics: Baking Classes

Do I have exciting news indeed! For all you BigBoysOven’s fans not in KL… this is your big chance to learn the art of making these delectable French dessert – macarons!

BBO’s Macarons

Pastry Chef Sunny Yaw of BigBoysOven will be having their inaugural macaron baking class in Penang! Not one but TWO classes!

Details below:

Date: 13 September 2008

Times: 9.00am-11.30am OR 2.30pm-5.00pm (each class limited to 10 persons only!)

Venue: Hong Yap Trading (Baking Ingredients supplier)

Address: 56-B Siam Road, 10400 Penang.

Price: RM220 (prepayment required)

5 macaron recipes with demo & hands on, inclusive of coffee break and a box of freshly baked macarons to take home

BBO Macaron2

Photo courtesy of BigBoysOven

To register for the class, kindly email: bbonorth@gmail.com

SMS/Call: 012-4209433

Hurry! Don’t miss this great opportunity!

1. Mandy says:

Lingzie,
    Where can we find macaron in Penang (as in i can buy and taste it). I have never eaten a macaron before but i can see that you love it so much and i wonder why. To be honest, from the look of it, it does not loos delicious to me but i think i cannot judge it by the look. It’s a French dessert ah but i can’t imagine how would it taste like. What is the base made of and what is the center paste made of and how about the texture?

hi mandy, i dont think there is anyone selling macarons in penang. bakerzin in KL used to sell macarons. but unfortunately no more bakerzin d.
    its a very sweet dessert. the top and base is made up of egg whites and almond powder. its crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. the center is cream like chocolate cream, orange cream etc.. so its smooth.

3. Steven Goh says:

make me hungry… looks yummy. I don’t want to learn I just want to eat can?

4. Criz Lai says:

It’s cool to have hi down here but I don’t think I can make it with my tight schedule. Maybe next time.

I think I shud start my vegetarian roast goose class too! Haha! :D

6. nurul says:

hi, i know a place in penang that sells macarons :)

enjoy~!