Apple Crumbled Cheesecake Recipe

Topics: Recipes

I’ve had this fantastic looking Apple Crumbled Cheesecake recipe tucked away for some time just waiting for an occasion to make it. And opportunity certainly presented itself when a friend invite me and a few others over for home made mee udang (which was superb by the way!! getting the recipe from her soon!)

acc7

I love apple crumble. And I love cheesecake. So I figured that this would definitely be a winning recipe!

acc9

And winning indeed it was! I loved the result. And everyone else who tried it heaped praises on it as well. 🙂

Get the recipe and somewhat step-by-step photos (tried my best to take photos of the process, greasy hands and all!) after the jump!

Apple Crumbled Cheesecake Recipe (adapted from here)

The original recipe doesn’t call for the usual biscuit base and instead uses a dessicated coconut and flour mixture. I wasn’t too keen on the dessicated coconut so I went with the biscuit base.

Base:

250g digestive biscuits (blended)

120g melted butter

120g plain flour

35g castor sugar

80g butter (diced)

100g cashew nuts

1. a slice pls!! 🙂

New Kid On The Blog´s last blog post..Jurin Express Japanese Restaurant

OMG! The Momiji gals makes your food even more lovely that decorated with fake flowers =.=”

email2me´s last blog post..Momiji Girls at The Garden Lifestyle Store & Cafe, 1 Utama

3. looks so delicious. Will try it out one day. Thanks for sharing the recipe. ^o^

FoOd PaRaDise´s last blog post..Loh Duck Rice @ Lebuh Melayu, Penang

the cheese cake looks great! Definitely will share this recipe with my aunt! She love baking too! 🙂

allie´s last blog post..Penang Hawker Food | Instant Cook Koay Teow Teng @ Kimberley Street

Looks good…fully packed with lots of ingredients.

ck lam´s last blog post..Penang Dessert – Peanut Tong Sui

6. R-E-S-P-E-C-T lah! So much work! The rewards well worth it!

550ml jar of faith´s last blog post..In pursuit of healthier living, starting at Bagel N Coffee Station

7. That’s a cute doll next to the slice of cheesecake! I’d rather take its place though… so I could be closer to have my way with that cheesecake! 😀

Life for Beginners´s last blog post..Morsels

• Dawn says:

U forgot to put the tempreture of the oven for it to bake. So i assume it to be 180c ya? Looks great and the cakes in the oven now. Its sure looking good and i’ve added cinnamon powder into the apple and replaced the sugar for the apple filling to brown sugar.

*Salute* madam! 🙂 btw, why need to place in the water bath to bake?

cariso´s last blog post..Sakae Teppanyaki @ Autocity

• Valon says:

So the top of the cake will be burned more and it will give a nice brown color. If u use a normal pan, the sides will be brown instead.

9. i no like cinnamon n dessicated coconut, so this recipe is good for me!
    wahh..very fully packed w ingredients horr… 😉

thenomadGourmand´s last blog post..Siew Yuk Mee at Seng Kee, Jalan Sultan

10. Alan says:

Looks so deluxious. All my favourites ingredients…..cheesecake with biscuit base, cashew crumbles and baked cinnamoned apple slices.

Kudos to you for being a fantastic baker

Alan´s last blog post..113

11. OOh Myyy God, The Mo Momiji Gals . . . . .. . this is a disease…must get the CDC over now lol!

the cake looks beautiful and so moist!

Big Boys Oven´s last blog post..CHEF FROM SUKHOTHAI BANGKOK’S AWARD-WINNING RESTAURANT | ATRIUM CAFE, PYRAMID TOWER HOTEL

thanks everyone for your lovely comments! have got requests to bake this again. lol 🙂

cariso – baking the cheesecake in a water bath will ensure that the heat is more evenly distributed thus the cheesecake won’t crack. and it will also be able to retain its moisture. 🙂

• Valon says:

The is another method is to blending a little cornstarch into the batter or baking the cheesecake at a lower temperature and slow cooling it in the oven, turned off, with the door ajar. There is various of method to avoid cracks. Water bath is just one of the methods.

13. Keke says:

Hi Lingzie..i tried this recipe for a fren’s farewell..brilliant one..its really easy for beginners to try..anyway i was in culinary school in taylors for 2 years..but havent baked in a year..

Im really glad it turned out as how your photo shows..am going to teach a fren how to do this today too..loads of praises on this cake.. ^^ *cheers*

14. Valon says:

There is a problem with the pan u using, springform pan isn’t used for water bath method. Well, water will flow inside.

15. Will eating an home made crumble pie I had this Idea that it would be great to combine it with a cheese cake I just made a research and guess what I found your receipes I will definetly give it a try !!!!
    .-= Francis Parent´s last blog ..Nouveau design 2010 du Laboratoire Electrolux =-.

16. mel says:

if i don’t put it in a waterbath, would it be ok?

17. haniemsaleh says:

i have tried this recipe.. and i came out so superb!

18. Wendy says:

Hey there, thanks for sharing this awesome recipe! It was a hit with my family and definitely something that you don’t see every day. 🙂

I baked the cashews to cook them before making the crumble, but I think the next time I’ll just leave it and let them cook while the cake is baking, cause the cashews came out a little too brown at the end.

19. Kristi says:

I love cheese cake and this filling is the best I have tasted. It’s so good I almost ate the filling before I finished putting it all together. Yummy! The whole family loved it.

20. Kelly says:

Can someone help me…
    I am from the UK so to me, “cornflour” is the stuff that is used to thicken sauces etc
    Maybe this recipe means actual flour made from corn though?

Please help =/

21. Wati says:

Thank you for the recipe. I’m a fan of cheese cake and apple too …will try this one day… 🙂