Harvest In Cafe @ Irrawaddy Road, Penang

Topics: Western Food

When I stepped into Harvest In Cafe recently, I felt a wave of nostalgia as this was the place I had gone to for Bahasa Malaysia tuition in secondary school. I guess my tuition teacher must have sold the place and moved away as it is now home to a simple yet classy cafe serving Western cuisine…

hi2

Very nice facade yes? I love the cute lamp post!

Exterior Seating

Exterior Seating

I love the high ceilings, clean cut lines and the crisp white theme.

hi4

hi5

Needless to say I was suitably impressed by the decor. What about the menu and the food?

1. looks classic!

Big Boys Oven´s last blog post..

2. this place isn’t it used to be occupied by Casablanca???

New Kid On The Blog´s last blog post..Home Cook Steam Tofu with Minced Meat

3. wow…. nice interior and the foods look good. Guess it will appear on my hunting list. ^o^

FoOd PaRaDise´s last blog post..E.T. Steam Boat Restoran @ Rangoon Road, Penang

the almond fish reminded me of Little Cottage’s version, which was nothing spectacular anyway.

interesting ways to cook the meats, Hungarian sauce, Honey Mustard and all.

J2Kfm´s last blog post..Deja Vu? (Banana Leaf Curry Rice @ NS Curry House & Ritter Sport Chocolates from Langkawi)

5. That almond fish looks gorgeous! I wouldn’t even mind the sodium overload 😛 It seems little places like this are opening up quite rampantly in Penang but somehow business still not sustainable. Here’s hoping this sticks around, long enough for me to try it when I go back anyway!

550ml jar of faith´s last blog post..We like pasta, we like wine!

BBO – yep. nice look to it :)

NKOTB – no, casablanca is just a lil further down the road. the old casablanca is at the corner of irrawaddy road and service road (which is now one way)

food paradise – hope you’ll like the food! lunch seems more worth it! (cheaper prices but different food choices)

J2Kfm – oh yeah! you’re right abt the almond fish. it is rather similar to little cottage’s version. not too sure if it tastes the same though since i havent tried little cottage’s.

I like the interior of this restaurant. Looks so peaceful…
    Great place for a meal ya. :)

allie´s last blog post..Penang Seafood | Tree Shade Seafood Restaurant @ Weld Quay

Thanks for the intro and details…will sure to visit this place. The ambiance is good too.

ck lam´s last blog post..CK Lam Interviewed by Kwong Wah Yit Poh

heehee… due to few reviews on line that giving bad comments on this outlet, we put it as the last of our food hunt list, but now… seems like…. hmm…..

I am coming to u….. sooon…

ops should be we will…. 😛

PenangTuaPui´s last blog post..Hawker Food | Sin Wah Char Koay Teow

10. giv me hawker food anytime!

thenomadGourmand´s last blog post..Naan at Restaurant MY, Jalan Bunus 6, Masjid India

I guess it’s attractive enough based on the pricing.

cariso´s last blog post..Chayu Kafei Restaurant ?????? (Part 2)

12. Did not realise there is this cafe. I think the Honey Mustard Chicken is nice. One day would try it. Thank you for introducing this cafe !!!

My Taste Heaven´s last blog post..Fruit Salad French Loaf

13. Sedap says:

Hi,

I’m Inspektor Sedap and I have set up a new food blog at eatinginkl.blogspot.com.

I’ve recently posted up a 100 links post on my blog which included your esteemed food blog as well.

Here’s the url: http://eatinginkl.blogspot.com/2009/03/blog-post.html

I would appreciate it if we could exchange links. :) Thank you.

Cheers,
    Inspektor Sedap

14. Nice place. Will give it a try. Thanks for the review.

Food Promotions´s last blog post..Advertorial

15. Alan says:

Thanks for the review. Looks like a nice place to enjoy the ambience and food. Nice price too. I will definite pay a visit.

Alan´s last blog post..Smoky Jack Ribs & Steak House

16. Alan says:

I will go there to celebrate my birthday!

Alan´s last blog post..Uncle Lawrence Crab Meat Shark Fin Soup

17. JoyceC says:

I just went today with my colleagues this noon, I personally enjoy the ambience & also the food. Thus far I had order the soup of the day, Cajun Turmeric chicken rice, & Honey Lemon Ice. I personally love the Cajun Turmeric chicken meal – the blend of both lemon & turmeric sauce with the low fat chicken breast portion, is just nicely perfect. Pleasantly enough, the honey lemon tho an ordinary drink, saturation & mix were nicely blend, not too sweet, not to sour, just nice :) perfect. but doesnt really like the soup of the day – brown sausage soup with garlic bread (garlic bread is good :P) . Overall still thumbs up, the food is relatively reasonable without 10+5% tax 😀 simply love it.

18. Z gal says:

haha..
    i like the enviroment and food….
    and also the price is fair enufff for everyone…

19. Raymond says:

Should anyone can provide me the exacaly adderess of this Harvest in Restorant? Please send me by email at : estrange1ray@yahoo.com.
    May thanks for those who will help me.

20. gill gill says:

wah…this is the top viewed on your list! 11k leh…
    .-= gill gill´s last blog ..OldSkool: Smokey Char Siew & Pork Intestine Congee at Heng Kee =-.

21. yi xin says:

this place used to be where i go for physics tuition! Mr. Arun? mayb other tutors used this place too cos u said u went there for BM tuition! :)
    anyways, i find the food here really fantstic. the dishes are very flavourful and the portion is just perfect for us asians. i’ve tried the cajun chicken for lunch. comes with creamy mustard sauce. divine. :)
    the decor gives tis place an air of elegance and wide space because of the use of white. It stands out from the rest of the houses.
    this is a place i’ll definitely go back to over n over again :)

• Lingzie says:

hi yi xin! glad you liked the place! yeah i used to go there for BM tuition (form 1-3 i think) wasnt aware that there was physics tuition there too! lol

22. helen liew says:

can i have the phone number?

23. Lingzie says:

hi helen, the phone number is written at the end of the post. here it is again in case you missed it :)
    Harvest In Cafe Tel: 04-226 1718

24. ck says:

can i know where is the really location ???

25. ck says:

thx….i hv noe the location d…can i hv the menu v price?

26. Mesabogie says:

Will never go to this place again, staff is very rude and not friendly at all. Made reservation but ran a little late so called to say coming a lil late, staff over the phone says cannot will have to give up our table that staff did not talk nicely more like arrogant very rude like do not want to entertain us. So pleaded staff to keep our table, upon arrival few minutes upon agreed time found that staff gave up our table nevertheless still staff was rude to us not want to entertain us. It will be that last time I will ever go there it’s not like their food is the best I have tasted far better food then theirs with better pricing in Penang. The reason we chose to dine here was the atmosphere quite cozy. Anyway I hate restaurants like this thinks that they are superior and can treat their customers like shit. Not “Impressive” at all

27. nikel says: