Buffet Breakfast @ Metropole Hotel, Macau

Topics: Macau Eats

We very nearly missed our first buffet breakfast at the Metropole Hotel. Because we mistakenly thought that we had to pay MOP40 for the breakfast.

mp2

So the plan was to find a quick bite to eat near the hotel before starting on our tour of the city. Alas, when we reached the lobby, rain greeted us. So my friend went to verify with the receptionist and found out that breakfast was indeed complimentary! Silly us!

The buffet spread was a simple one. I didn’t have high hopes, having had my fair share of dismal breakfasts at hotels.

mp4
/>

But as I bit into the fried turnip cakes, ‘sui kow’ and simple fried noodles, I was quite amazed at how tasty it was! Perhaps I was just hungry? I though to myself. Then I bit into the pan fried dumplings (‘guo tie’ or gyozas if you will), and instantly I was sold! They were smaller than usual. But they certainly packed a punch! My friends unanimously agreed.

mp3

We kept making a beeline for the buffet table, topping up on fried dumplings. And between the 3 of us, I think we must have whalloped 20 dumplings!

mp6

We also loved the porridge that was served. Surprisingly it was already lightly flavored and had nice soft peanuts in them. We topped up the silky smooth porridge with lots of ‘yau char kuai’, pickled vegetables and even seaweed! I was eating so much porridge I didn’t even have stomach space for toast and cereal!

The only thing I wasn’t a fan of was the hot soyabean. It was too diluted for my liking.

mp5The buffet spread also included butter cakes (which were surprisingly good) and little savoury and sweet pastries which I suspect were made in house. There was the standard coffee, tea and fruit juices.

Although it was simple fare, we thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast. I’m sure the waitresses were really glad we left, less we depleted their entire dumpling supply! Needless to say, we eagerly looked forward to the buffet breakfast the next morning! 🙂

Metropole Hotel Macau is located at 493-501 Avenida Praia Grande, Macau. T: (852) 2736 0922

For me, I will eat the most 4x pieces only eventhough I am a dumpling fan. You ppl really hou yeah!

cariso´s last blog post..Ivy’s Kitchen Invited Review (Part I – Set Meal)

Sure is nice to have a change for breakfast…especially tasting their version of dumplings.

3. when i read that line of walloped 20 dumplings, i can’t stop laughing… cuz, that’s funny!

New Kid On The Blog´s last blog post..Long Xiang (Seafood) Restaurant ????

20 dumplings? Keng ar !

allie´s last blog post..Penang Hawker Food | Wan Tan Mee @ Burmah Road

5. 20 dumpling? Haha…I wanna join!!

Satisfyingtummy´s last blog post..Ban Chang Kueh (Chinese Pancake) ???

6. 20 dumplings! The only way to start a day of sight seeing in a foreign city! 😀

550ml jar of faith´s last blog post..Deal or No Deal, Guzzle, Damansara Perdana

7. Alan says:

OMG, the silky porridge and sweet pastries sure look so tempting!

Alan´s last blog post..Senior Citizen Association Cafeteria

strangely, HK food in most charr chan teng, or restaurants, are almost consistently good.

maybe its the competition?

J2Kfm´s last blog post..Perlis – Hai Thien Seafood, Gua Kelam, and Shopping @ Padang Besar

9. valerie says:

Hi,

last month we had our breakfast @ metropole and there was this pastry that i can’t get over with… its so delicious. that one with yellow toppings on your last photo (beside butter cake), i forgot the name but there is a “sesame” word on that pastry. i wonder if where can i buy that? thanks.

10. Macappleboy says:

Hi, Good Day! Do you happen to know the Chinese Name of Metropole Hotel in Macau as we will be needing it for the cab drivers. We will be arriving on Friday in Macau and I know theyre not well versed in English.