Lunch@ Macau Restaurant near Grand Lisboa Casino

Topics: Macau Eats

One of the best things I enjoyed in Macau was of course… the food!! lol

As we were walking from our hotel towards Grand Lisboa casino on a windy cold night, we walked past this restaurant. The poster in Mandarin beckoned to us asking ‘Do you want to try Macau cuisine? Then come to Macau Restaurant’ (or something along those lines…since my Mandarin half past six one :P)

dscn3641

So the next day, we found ourselves walking to Macau Restaurant for lunch.

mcr2It had the familiar Portugese chicken for its logo which instantly reminded Samantha and I of Nandos! (we’re both big fans of Nandos!)

mcr

The interior was bright and cheery, and the crowd was starting to build up.

mcr3

We were quickly shown the menu, not being very sure of what to order, we asked for recommendations.

mcr6

Surprisingly, one of Macau Restaurant’s bestsellers is their curry. You can choose from a range of different meats – curry crabs, curry beef brisket, curry fish fillet, curry chicken, even curry oxtail! We chose Curry Pork Chop (MOP55) which comes served with either rice or spaghetti or Macau crispy buns.

mcr7I had expected the Curry to be mild and slightly sweet, somewhat similar to Japanese curry. How wrong I was! For the curry here was indeed very fiery hot! Definitely as good as our local Malaysian curries! And the pork chops were tender and fragrant. Absolutely delicious with a bowl of steamy hot rice!

Eh I didn’t know you are a fans of NANDOS! Next time let me bring you and teach you the correct way of eating Nandos …. lol ….

By looking at the picture, the curry looks like Yeo’s can curry =.=||

email2me´s last blog post..Kimberley Street Ah Seng Char Bee Hoon [Economy Fried Vermicelli]

I found that Macau food is tend to be at the saltier side, how do you feel?

allie´s last blog post..Penang Hawker Food | Koay Teow Teng & Wan Tan Mee @ Sri Nibong Cafe

3. Precious Pea says:

The logo also same as Nando’s!! Yumzz…curry sure looks good and rich. Next time, do try the noodle restaurant inside Lisboa casino…very very impressive.

Precious Pea´s last blog post..THE EATING MACHINES FROM DOWN UNDER

haha … surprisingly, i had a meal at Macau restaurant in Tsim Sha Tsui. =P

they’re everywhere i guess.

A very hearty meal…looks good.
    Interesting to see the ribena drink with added lemon.

ck lam´s last blog post..Eccucino @ Prince Hotel, Kuala Lumpur

6. I am absolutely bowled over!! Pork pork pork everywhere! I dont’ know why but that bacalhau potato cakes look absolutely delicious to me! I think I shouldn’t have skipped breakfast :-S

550ml jar of faith´s last blog post..One Ballad too many, Decanter Too, Desa Sri Hartamas

7. Selba says:

So nice to see all this pictures in Macau 🙂

Selba´s last blog post..Babi Rica – Rica (Pork Rica – Rica)

8. wow….. nice meal ah….

FoOd PaRaDise´s last blog post..Tasty P & C Restaurant – Anson Road, Penang

9. Alan says:

Does the curry chicken in Macau taste the same with our curry here?

Alan´s last blog post..Funky Monkey@127

10. mimid3vils says:

Heard that the Bacalhau do have strong smell~~

mimid3vils´s last blog post..Fancy Mee Corner

11. Lingzie says:

email2me – got correct way and wrong way of eating nandos one meh? you must enlighten me one of these days! lol

allie – hmmm you’re quite right. the food i ate there also quite salty

precious pea – thanks for the tip! will keep that in mind for future trips!

J2Kfm – wow! they’re in tsim sha tsui too? how was your meal?

12. Lingzie says:

CK – i think kim gary here also has that ribena with lemon drink, though i havent tried it! 🙂

550ml jar of faith – yup we definitely went into pork overload on that trip!

selba – yes, we definitely enjoyed the food in macau!

food paradise – im missing the sizzling beancurd and roast pork now too!

13. Lingzie says:

alan – the curry tastes about the same but very spicy and its richer in taste (perhaps more santan?)

mimid3vils – i thought the bacalhau would have pretty strong taste too..but the ones we had here were very mild. in fact, if they hadn’t told us it had bacalhau inside, i would have thought it was just mashed up potatoes!