Seri Kembangan Best Fish Head Bihun!

Topics: Chinese food, Serdang/Seri Kembangan

On a recent trip down to KL, a relative sang praises of a shop in Seri Kembangan offering fantastic Fish Head Bihun. I’m not a big fan of fish head, but I do love KL’s version of the fish head bihun with evaporated milk added into the soup. So I was game for it!

sk3

We arrived at Seri Kembangan, to this rather unassuming coffee shop…

sk8

And me being the ‘banana’ that I am, couldn’t read Mandarin, so I exclaimed ‘hey this shop selling bak kut teh la! where got fish head bihun?’ Little did I realize that the shop has TWO signboards – the white Fish Head Bihun signboard (written in Mandarin) above the green Bak Kut Teh signboard.

I honestly would not have walked into this place had it not been for the recommendation, for even the menu is entirely in Mandarin…

sk7

Of course the star attraction was the Fish Head Bihun, so we immediately ordered it. You would notice from the menu that only RM0.50 separates the small and large bowl of noodles. Perhaps it’s just an addition of more noodles for the larger bowl?
sk

We ordered the small portion…and boy was it big!! And very very creamy due to the generous amount of evaporated milk! (Do note that there is an additional RM1 charge for fish head bihun with evaporated milk, which would make it RM7.50 a bowl) I couldn’t stop drinking the flavorful soup base even though I was already filled to the brim!

sk2

Delicious crispy fried fish! (there’s a mix of fish head as well as fish meat) We were told that they import their fish from New Zealand.

sk4

Clear soup fish head bihun for those who don’t take milk… the soup base is equally tasty but much lighter with more prominent taste of ginger. But of course I would choose the one with evaporated milk! *tee hee*

1. OMG I MUST HAVE THIS! My Klang Valley fish head noodle trail has died a very unnatural death and this post completely reinvigorated it! Terrible around the area so any signs (and phone numbers!) are helpful… wish me luck in finding it! 😛
    .-= 550ml jar of faith´s last blog ..The Pride of Sarawak… is Fried Chicken! Or at least at Rajah Brooke Cafe, Kuchai Lama =-.

You made me crave for fish head noodles now… there is one very good one back at my previous work place. Costs almost the same.. imagine that was 3 years ago.
    .-= gina´s last blog ..Ayutthaya to Naraya =-.

3. You know it’s gotta be good when they have not one, but TWO signboards! (Of course, do we mean good biz or good food or both?) 😉
    .-= Life for Beginners´s last blog ..The Grass is Greener =-.

4. KennyT says:

Wow, look at that milky white soup, must be full of flavour!
    .-= KennyT´s last blog ..Please Make a Donation =-.

5. I heard about this place too the other day. But I went there at night but the shop was closed. So we tried the Bak Kut Teh instead. BKT here is not recommended. lol

I like the fish head bihun with evaporated milk too! I once tasted a good one at Seremban there and I try to find the similar one in PG, but seems like it’s not a trend here in PG. Now I can go to KL for flash back the old taste. :)
    .-= allie´s last blog ..NEWS: Site to be down for maintenance =-.

• Lingzie says:

yeah lo…dunno why penang dont have this version… maybe we can bring our own evaporated milk and ask them to add?? haha

7. i know where this is..always frequent the restaurant down the road for dinner..didnt knw got such a gem here!
    .-= lotsofcravings´s last blog ..Rice Cafe @ Lorong Maarof, Bangsar =-.

8. taufulou says:

lol…
    the cat is cute lei…

just tried another fish head bee hoon stall at kuchai lama..its good..
    seems like now a hit ha~

• Lingzie says:

the cat super cute leh? heeheehee
      oh my friend just told me abt the kuchai lama one. that’s the best wor…or so he claims 😛

9. Henry says:

Hi Lingzie,

Have you try the food @ Roadhouse Grill at Gurney, Penang ?

Best Regards,
    Henry

• Lingzie says:

hi henry! i’ve eaten at roadhouse grill many many moons ago (before i started this blog) perhaps its time for a re-visit! what would you recommend?

10. waesome awesome, me a fan for fishhead noodle! :)
    .-= Big Boys Oven´s last blog ..MIGF Malaysia International Gourmet Festival 2009 CHEF UNITED! =-.

11. food-4tots says:

I luv fish head bihun soup too esp with evaporated milk. Never try this stall before but the one in Cheras is a must-try if u r in KL again.
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Chrysanthemum and wolfberry tea =-.

Being a banana in KL is a bit disadvantage to us …. I just follow my nose for good food …. 😀
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..Malaysia International Gourmet Festival 2009 with Tai Zi Heen “A Hong Kong Encounter” =-.

• Lingzie says:

lol but i must say your nose really very keng la! can sniff out all the good food at little nooks and crannies! :)

13. anw says:

look delicious, SK really got a lot nice food. you u should try the cheras flat one, that one also not bad

14. LX says:

Lingzie

there is another place in seri kembangan that served, “Yue Wat Sin Nai”, Fish paste with evaporated milk noodle, similar to fish head noodle, just that they use fish paste. their tom yam is good too. it was in housing area, near the fatty chicken rice.

BTW, i’m going to penang, what is the list of food that must have?

list + address (better still if you have the GPS coordinate)
    .-= LX´s last blog ..Gundam vs Transformer =-.

15. boon tsong says:

hi, i would like to ask about this seri kembangan best fish head bihun is located which location? can i have the address? thank you.

CAPTCHA Image