Suffolk House Restaurant – Romantic Fine Dining

Topics: Fine Dining

Well then let’s start with…

suffolk-house19

Baby oyster in Bloody Mary cocktail as amuse bouche served in a shooter glass. Meant to excite and give patrons a sneak peek of what’s in store for the rest of the dinner, this lil amuse bouche got our tongues very much amused with its peppery zest.

suffolk-house20

Next, came a trio of more bite sized hors d’oeuvre made up of Stewed Enoki, shimeiji and button mushrooms with soy bean milk, New Style Salmon Sashimi with Miso Sake Sesame Drizzle and Pan seared chicken roll stuffed with asparagus.

suffolk-house21

Out of the three, my favourite was the new style salmon sashimi with its tantalizing drizzle which tickled my tastesbuds and had me wanting more. While the mushrooms were surprisingly creamy for a soy milk  based sauce and went down very well with all of us.

suffolk-house22

Next, we were served a watercress sprigs and mesclun salad with fresh fruit chantilly. I liked the combination of fruits which included grapes, strawberries, papayas, salted pears, mandarin oranges and even bananas! Most refreshing to the palate!

suffolk-house23

Then came a dainty cup filled with a heart warming spiced chickpea soup. Served with a papadom topped with avocado spread which did make the papadom a lil soggy. But otherwise it was one of the better tasting papadoms. The chickpea soup was enticing. And I really wouldn’t mind tucking into a whole bowl!

suffolk-house24

After that came a palate cleanser, meant to prepare you for the main course. This raspberry pineapple sorbet was delightful! The unexpected yet very clever addition of sour plum shavings turned this perky tangy sorbet into an explosion of salty and sourish flavours which were very pleasing to the tongue.

Read on for the mains and dessert!

Awesome place! Just love to dine here…nice environment with so many choices of main courses.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Enju Japanese Restaurant Prince Hotel – New Izakaya Style Japanese Menu =-.

The place looks so cosy..
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Laksa Kelang Lama, Kulim =-.

3. gill gill says:

good! at least they are back to the fine dinning and not the eclectic anymore….lol
    .-= gill gill´s last blog ..????????? =-.

4. Jason Wong says:

The restaurant in Suffolk House is none other than the infamous Elactic Restaurant in Batu Ferringghi. Which was formerly 68 Kelawai.
    .-= Jason Wong´s last blog ..????????? =-.

Wow!!!! This gonna be my next target!
    .-= cariso´s last blog ..Hardwicke House BBQ & Buffet (Food & Beverage Part) =-.

6. OMG! this place looks so DAllas, I want I want to dine thre, do they have any room for overnight?
    .-= Big Boys Oven´s last blog ..Girls Hen’s Night Outing! =-.

7. Dan says:

That looks pretty special!

8. never been there before, never had a chance to know that it’s so wonderful!!!
    maybe i should go there to celebrate X’mas…
    thanks for the info!!

9. TS says:

Thanks for the wonderful post and useful information.
    This definitely is a great place to explore.

p/s: I just drove by this place on Sat night, and I saw a Rolls Royce parking outside there. wow!!

10. Cheryl says:

Thanks for the sharing! Will definitely check this place out as it really looks cosy for a couple’s romantic night out 😛
    .-= Cheryl´s last blog ..Cool Blog @ Prangin Mall =-.

11. samlee860407 says:

quite a nice place to dine. however, i find that those you have (the appetizer) seems better than those i had during Christmas day :p

anyway, mind to exchange links? added yours at my blog , which is http://samlee860407food.wordpress.com/

thanks ya :p
    .-= samlee860407´s last blog ..New flat at Penang! =-.

12. samlee860407 says:

ignored the my website at above, use the one i post , which is http://samlee860407food.wordpress.com/

samlee860407.com is my personal blog, paiseh paiseh
    .-= samlee860407´s last blog ..Pork Mee @ SS15 Subang Jaya – Non Halal =-.

13. Andy says:

hav open on 14th feb?

14. Hong CN says:

Indeed nice place to have meal and enjoy the environment 🙂 Thanks for sharing 🙂
    .-= Hong CN´s last blog ..Penang – Chulia Street – Ecco Cafe (2nd visit) =-.

15. Feriha says:

am Feriha Urfal? a third year student at the European University of Lefke. I have got a restoration lesson and I need your help about The Suffolk House. I did a research on the Suffolk House and I have to do a presentation on this topic to my professor in 4 days time. For this reason I need the floor plan, sections, and elevations, which means I need information about the restoration stages, visually if possible. If you have the auto-cad drawings of this building, I would be appreciated if you send them to me. If you cant help me, can you give me any address that I can find these information at? I would appreciate your help because it is my term project and I have to complete it.

Thank you very much in advance.

16. Jean Wong says:

Do you serve high tea…………as we are
    interested in going to yr place next week, thanks, jean

17. Jenny says:

Suffolk HOuse only serve set dinner? Do they serve alacarte menu?

18. Thank you for featuring our afternoon high tea.

Feel warmly welcome anytime 🙂