The Grand Dame Reopens!
After an extensive refurbishment exercise which began in March 2019, the Eastern & Oriental Hotel officially announces the much-anticipated re-opening of it’s Heritage Wing. We got a special media sneak peek! 🙂
Key elements of the hotel such as the echo dome which has become part of the E & O Hotel’s identity is maintained during the upgrading works. Keeping to it’s historical grandeur, the newly refurbished Heritage Wing features suites in a brighter concept with more natural light while retaining the signature twin vanities and long bath. In addition, the Heritage Wing now provides a more personalized experience with pre-arrival services, in suite check-in and round-the-clock butler service.
Heritage Wing guests are also entitled to exclusive privileges including access to The Cornwallis – a private lounge offering breakfast & complimentary evening canapes and cocktails. The Heritage Wing pool is also only open to guests staying at the Heritage Wing.
The Hotel General Manager Alison Fraser said that the team aims to provide guests with a new level of luxury experience when they stay with them.
Host of privileges that can be enjoyed by a Heritage Wing suite guest include:-
- Round-the-clock butler service
- Hot breakfast at The Cornwallis or at Sarkies
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary in-suite minibar with premium selected beverages
- Complimentary evening amenities in-suite
- Complimentary seasonal fruits (daily)
- Complimentary evening canapes and cocktails at The Cornwallis
- Exclusive use of Heritage Wing pool
- Early check-in and late check out (subject to availability)
- Complimentary Laundry & Pressing service (3 pcs per stay)
- Nespresso machine and tea station
- Choice of local newspaper (English, Malay or Chinese)
- 2 hour boardroom usage (subject to availability)
A new art colonnade is also situated along the hallway outside The Cornwallis showcasing artworks by local photographer Howard Tan from now until the end of January 2020
Along with the refurbished suites and facelifts, the Heritage Wing introduces new culinary experiences celebrating classic and heritage flavours with 3 new dining outlets – Palm Court, Java Tree and Farquhar’s Bar.
The Grand Ballroom at E & O Hotel which has been host to a plethora of weddings and events now sports a new look, somewhat Parisian-style, but still keeping to the hotel’s timeless elegance
The Heritage Wing will be receiving guests from 20th December 2019 onwards.
For more information & bookings, do visit the hotel’s website.
Eastern & Oriental Hotel
10, Lebuh Farquhar, 10200 Penang
TEL: 04-222 2000 (General Line)